Image Map

Monday, April 29, 2013

Strawberry Breakfast "Frosting"

Happy Monday to you all! I wanted to start this week off with an AWESOME recipe I made up. The other day we were all very hungry around dinner time but nothing sounded good. Doesn't everyone have one of those days now and then? Well I just thought, how about breakfast for dinner, it's fast and easy! I much prefer waffles over pancakes any day so we made some of our Bran and Wheat Waffles! I wanted to try something new so I thought what if we made a breakfast "frosting?" What would that turn out like? Well I am VERY pleased to tell you, it was FABULOUS! Subtle, sweet and wonderful! I kept thinking, I have GOT to make this for when family comes to visit! Its a fun way to spruce up a normal breakfast and have more options for toppings. I don't know what it is about the name, but "frosting" just makes it sound more fun and decedent  Check it out! You will not be disappointed. 




Strawberry Breakfast "Frosting"

15 Strawberries - (frozen makes it thicker like a smoothie- when thawed its runnier but just as delicious!)
3 oz. Cream Cheese
1 c. Milk
1/3 c. Sugar

If using fresh strawberries, cut the green stem off and rinse. Place all ingredients into a blender. Blend until smooth. Drizzle over your favorite waffles or pancakes! DELISH!

* I was just thinking- this would also be an AWESOME fruit dip! I will definitely try it when I make this again! 

Linking up here




3 comments:

  1. Looks delicious! Thanks for sharing on Much Ado About Monday. :)

    Jamie
    www.huckleberrylove.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes! My kids would gobble this up! Thanks for sharing at Sweet & Savory Saturdays #11.

    ~Amber @ Dessert Now, Dinner Later!
    http://dessertnowdinnerlater.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete