Image Map

Monday, June 3, 2013

Taco Pizza Pie

Talk about a HIT! My husband isn't the biggest fan of pizza - weird I know - so I wanted to try something that he could possibly enjoy. We all LOVE tacos, so why not taco pizza?! I grew up with taco pizza at a small pizza place in my home town, it was always WONDERFUL but VERY pricey. I had heard of cornbread crust but I was in a hurry and didn't have enough time to go get cornmeal from the store. All I had was a .50 cent jiffy corn bread mix. WHY NOT I thought?! IT TURNED OUT AMAZINGLY! A sweet corn bread crust with a salty top! It made every taste bud in your mouth go wild! Take a look! I can see the wheels turning in your mind - You're gonna make this soon, VERY soon! 




Taco Pizza Pie:

Crust:
1 Jiffy box corn bread muffin mix
- Heaping 1/2 c.   flour
1 T. Olive Oil
1/2 c. Water

Mix all ingredients together. Grease a circle pizza pan or an 8x10 cake pan. Place the dough on the greased pan. Spread and flatten with your fingers. Bake at 400 for 12 min. When done, build your pizza!

1 can refried beans (sauce)
about 1 lb. taco meat - browned hamburger with taco seasioning
Shredded Cheddar Cheese
Bake in the oven for about 5 min again at 400 to heat up the refried beans and to melt the cheese.




When done add your favorite taco filling:
Lettuce
Tomatoes
more Cheese
Sour Cream
Salsa


Cut and serve immediately so the lettuce doesn't wilt. DELISH! Enjoy!


Linking up here

5 comments:

  1. We love anything taco or pizza at our house..this is perfect :)
    Erin from Table for Seven

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum, on corn bread crust! Wowza! Thanks for sharing at Sweet & Savory Saturdays #16!

    ~Amber @ Dessert Now, Dinner Later!
    http://dessertnowdinnerlater.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your taco pizza pie looks so delicious! Thanks for sharing this at our Strut Your Stuff Saturday link party. We would love to have you share this on our new sister site - MyRecipeMagic.com. Hope you'll stop by! Have a great weekend. -The Six Sisters
    http://www.sixsistersstuff.com/2013/06/my-recipe-magic-introduction.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I make something similar, but to save some (only a few) calories, I use 2 large tortillas for the "crust". I have also layered the taco ingredients, using a large tortilla to separate the layers. Love your Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I make something similar, but to save some (only a few) calories, I use 2 large tortillas for the "crust". I have also layered the taco ingredients, using a large tortilla to separate the layers. Love your Blog!

    ReplyDelete