Image Map

Friday, September 27, 2013

Almond Chicken Lettuce Wraps

I have to admit, I LOVE LETTUCE WRAPS! They are lighter meal and delicious to say the least! I especially love lettuce wraps for lunch. My sister and I talk about this all the time, how lunch is one of the hardest meals to cook for. You're hungry but you don't want to cook a full meal because that's dinner! Sigh... so this is my newest "lunch addiction." I love being able to make these in less than 10 minutes and I can make them just for me or I can cater them to multiple people. How awesome is that?! These have been my favorite so far, it's a one pan wonder!




Almond Chicken Lettuce Wraps

2 T. Olive oil
1 lb. Chicken - small cubes
1 c. carrot shavings or matchsticks
1/2 small onion
1 clove garlic - minced finely
1 c. Cooked Brown Rice
1/4 c. sliced almonds

(Mix all together in a small bowl to make the Sauce)
2 T. Brown Sugar
1 T. White Vinegar
2 T. Ketchup
3 tsp. Soy Sauce


In a large skillet add Olive oil. Place onion, small chicken cubes and brown. Then add garlic, carrots, cooked rice and almonds. Add the sauce, and simmer until sauce is thickened.

Scoop the chicken mixture into Boston Lettuce Leaves. (They're more flexible, but Ice Berg and Romaine work too!) And garnish with more almonds and carrot shavings or matchsticks! DELISH!



Linking up here

No comments:

Post a Comment