Image Map

Monday, October 7, 2013

Chicken Tortilla Soup

Who is a fan of soup? MEEEEE!!!! I am a soup FANATIC! I love fall and winter, I know most people would call me crazy but I can't help it. I love being cold, then warming up with good soup and a sweet warm drink. 
MMMMmmmm....
So here is a new one for you. Another soup is coming your way to help you stay warm in this up coming cold season. This chicken tortilla soup was fabulous. It is easy, only a few ingredients, and better yet... made in the crock pot. Just throw it in, in the morning and let her cook until dinner. 
Fabulous!



Chicken Tortilla Soup

6 -8 c. Water (depends on how "brothy" you want it)
3 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
1 can Rinsed Beans - Black, Kidney, Pinto, etc. (We used black beans) 
1 c. Chunky Salsa (this takes care of your onion and tomato all in one!)
2 T. Taco Seasoning
3 tsp. Chicken Bouillon
1/2 tsp. Chili Powder

Place all ingredients into the crock pot and cook on low for 8 -10 hours. When done, shred the chicken inside the soup. Garnish each bowl with tortilla strips, cilantro, sour cream, or more salsa. YUMM!



Linking up here

1 comment: