Image Map

Saturday, March 1, 2014

Chunky Nutty Healthier Granola

I was asking my husband as I finished making this, "Why don't I make this more?!" As my mouth is full and spouting oats everywhere. This is DIVINE! We were eating it plain by the handful. I changed this recipe up a little differently from my original Healthier Homemade Granola. I added more nuts and a little extra surprise. Jam! Not too much, just enough to replace the maple syrup in the other recipe and give it an extra fruity flavory. YUMMY! We LOVED IT! I'm sure you will too!


Chunky Nutty Healthier Granola

3 c. Old Fashioned Oats
3 T. Applesauce 
2-3 T. Water
2 heaping T. Apricot Preserves - that's our favorite, you can grab whatever jam you want!
4 T. Brown Sugar

Line a baking sheet with foil, spread the oats on the foil evenly and bake at 325. Bake the oats until crisp and "fragrant." About 15-20 min.
While that is cooking, stir together the remaining ingredients, applesauce, water, jam/preserves, and brown sugar. When the oats are finished "crisping" pour the liquid over all and turn with a spatula until all coated. Add 1 handful of sliced almonds and 1 handful of walnuts. 

Here are a few other add in's you can use! Be creative! The sky is the limit!

Add in:
Peanuts
Pumpkin Seeds
Sunflower Seeds
Dried Apples
Raisins
Dried Banana Flakes
Crasins
ANYTHING YOU WANT!

Place back in the oven for 20 more minutes. Remove with a spatula and keep in an air tight bowl for up to 2 weeks. Enjoy!


http://cookandcraftmecrazy.blogspot.com/2013/06/healthier-homemade-granola.html


http://cookandcraftmecrazy.blogspot.com/2013/06/red-white-and-blueberry-parfait.html




Linking up here

No comments:

Post a Comment